Wednesday 25 March 2015

Red Oak Quilts

I love making these quilts with linen and handquilting them with sashiko thread, apart from the ease of cutting and sewing the actual making up of this design is so quick!

The quilt photo which is taken outside actually shows the true colours better than my last post, the blue is more of a teal than blue.

I decided to leave a bigger gap between the quilting which added to the speed of finishing the quilt

I have also chosen a new name for my quilts as they don't really fit in with my etsy shop which is mainly for children's items. 

I quite like using names from nature and so chose Red Oak Quilts, I love the leaf shape of the Red Oak tree. As I find it so hard to find the right labels I decided to have a rubber stamp made and then stamp my own labels on to fabric with fabric ink and then sealing them with an iron. I'm not sure how long these labels will last but as quilts are not washed too often I am hoping the ink won't fade too much

                 


                 




2 comments:

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Such a beautiful quilt! I love the bold colors and design! You have done a lovely job on this!

Just a little something from Judy said...

Yellow and blue have always been a combination I've liked, and this quilt is beautiful! I do like your new label too. It all goes together, and I would think many would love to purchase a quilt like the ones you create.