Thursday 19 March 2015

another star quilt on the go

I have started another star quilt made from the Irish linen that my son gave me from one of his photo shoots
I love working with this fabric and am using colours that I would never usually choose which I think is always a good thing...to be given something other than what I would usually use makes me think more outside the box.
The cutting out and piecing together of the quilt top takes only a little time, I could put together the whole quilt in a day and then take time to hand quilt the layers. 
I'm really enjoying using the Sashiko thread, it stitches so well through the layers using a long Sashiko needle.

This quilt is smaller than the blue and red quilt that I made for my son (featured a few posts back) and would be ideal for a child or on the sofa