Friday 23 January 2015

baby quilt & frosty walk

Some time ago I bought some pre cut squares to make a baby quilt for my Etsy shop, the fabric was geared towards boys and I made up the squares then when we heard we were to have another grandchild, I waited to see what the sex is because if it was to be a boy, which it is, I wanted to keep the quilt for him. 

In the mean time I decided to make another quilt for him using some lovely plain fabric pieces I had bought. So I guess he will have two :)

I didn't have a pattern for this one, just a picture of a finished block, so I have made a bit of a mistake in my measuring, you will see in the bottom quilt photo where I have added the border and nipped off the points on the green and brown squares.

I thought this quilt would be nice to hang on baby's  bedroom wall once he moves from his cot into a bed. I love the fabric colours. Today I have pinned the layers together having bought 100% cotton wadding. I'm looking forward to hand quilting it when I have finished my sons quilt. 

The weather here is pretty chilly with beautiful frosty mornings. Today we took a lovely walk up to Ivinghoe Beacon which is where my parents would often take us as children.

Have a great weekend!

                                  

                                  

                                   

                        

                                         
                                        






     


    



3 comments:

Amy at love made my home said...

The quilt is brilliant - and as you say, you can always use two quilts!! xx

Just a little something from Judy said...

It seems to me, that every quilt you make, is prettier than others. This one is gorgeous!
I like the fact that your camera was with you on your walk. What lovely countryside you live in!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Lovey quilt blocks, the colors are serene and peaceful; not unlike the glorious scenery, thanks so much for sharing your beautiful corner of the world with us!