Saturday 16 August 2014

new recipe book

I found this recipe book recommended on Instagram, I rarely buy myself recipe books as I have some beautiful books that my children have bought me over the years. But this one uses mainly unrefined ingredients like spelt flour and honey or maple syrup in place of sugar etc. which appealed to my taste

It's called Love Bake Nourish by Amber Rose

I began with making the Honey & Lavender tea cake which is delicious and then Apple & Honey muffins which are equally as good.
I will include the muffin recipe below but if you love to bake and would like healthy alternatives to the usually extra sweet cakes, muffins, cookies etc, I would recommend buying this great book. 
The photos are wonderful too and so make the book lovely to look through.


                            

                  


                                

                     


Apple & Honey Muffins
125g unsalted butter, softened
150g whole grain spelt flour, sifted
2 large free range eggs
1 heaped teaspoon of baking powder
185g honey
60g ground almonds
50ml while milk
Finely grated zest of 1 unwaxed lemon and 1/2 unwaxed orange
Unrefined icing sugar for dusting if required

For the apples 
2 eating apples (I found one was enough for 12 muffins) cored and thinly sliced
20g unsalted butter, melted
1.5 teaspoons of rapadura or unrefined castor sugar

Preheat oven to 180 degrees
Place apple slices in a bowl, pour over melted butter and sprinkle with the sugar. Coat the apples well and lay slices in the bottom of muffin cases

Cream butter for about 4 mins add a spoonful of flour and beat briefly, add eggs one at a time and add more flour if mixture is curdling

Gently fold in the rest of the flour, the baking powder, honey, ground almonds, milk and zest 
Spoon mixture into muffin cases (I like to use a nice cream spring release scoop to do this) and bake for 25-30 mins









3 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

YUM!! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe, it looks divine!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Love the photos of yummy treats in this book! The recipe you shared looks wonderful!

Just a little something from Judy said...

The picture of that delicious looking cake, would sure help to sell the cookbook that it came from. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe. It would taste so good with my hot cup of coffee, this morning.