Monday 16 June 2014

pretty skirts for little girls

We took a day trip to Marlow last week. I hadn't gone planning to buy fabric ;) but pooped into www.ladysewandsew.co.uk and bought some fabric to make a couple of little skirts for my etsy shop. I haven't put skirts in the shop before so we will see if they sell or not. 

Both of these fabrics are by Lewis & Irene, the red is called Timsbury Lane and the blue is Dulce Brasil. Both were lovely to sew with and  I will probably  buy some more from the lady sew and sew website.
 I made the red skirt first and had bought some elastic which is wider than I usually use and what a pain it was, kept folding in half as I threaded it through the waist band so I reverted to the slightly narrower one for the blue skirt which threaded and stayed flat.

Live and learn!










3 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Cute little skirts!!

Just a little something from Judy said...

What cute little skirts! The tags on them make them even more special!

Amy at love made my home said...

I really like the blue fabric - very pretty. xx