Tuesday 8 April 2014

Liberty Quilt

I love Liberty fabric and have been collecting for my stash for a number of years. I have bought in sales, charity shops and been given pre cut squares. Due to these squares being of differing sizes it's not been easy to piece them together and make sure the joins and corners match. I decided to make some triangle pairs too which added to the challenge.....

However, amazingly when I came to attach the triangles they just fitted exactly around the edge. 

I have lots of fabric left and so need to think of which way to go next. I have a lovely vintage sheet from my Mothers house which I plan to use to back the quilt. And then I need to decide whether to hand or machine quilt it. I'm looking forward to this quilt being finished after waiting so long to starting it!


                  














2 comments:

Peggy said...

Wow, what a lovely bright vintage quilt! You did an amazing job of putting all those prints and colors together!

Amy at love made my home said...

It is beautiful, such lovely colours and I am so pleased for you that it all worked out with the triangles and different sized pieces to start with. I wonder what you will do with the leftovers! Looking forward to seeing it all finished. xx